Wednesday, April 27, 2011

2011427 Love Art, in Europe

When I was in Germany in the last half of the year 2010, I traveled most Euope countries, Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, and etc. When do I think about the image of Europe, firstly I come up with the image of a European town; small houses, river, and an old castle on the hill. However, I found that there is an another common image among European countries. It is an Art. The beautiful scenery in Europe can be an art itself, but there is a real art such as music. Although they are not famous, it is easy to find the artist such as musicians and painters in the street. And most Euoropean can understand and enjoy their arts.

When I was in Frankfurt, Germany at first, it looks similar with Seoul like tall building and modern environment because this city is a commercial district. However, when I went to downtown for a sighteeing, I could hear various type of muisic that were performed by musicians in ther street. More surprisingly, many people were around them and enjoying his or her performance. When the performance was over, people clapped for his or her performance and gave him or her a small money to show their thank for a good performance. Although it was not a big performance in Opera house, people can admire musicians' efforts for their small concert in the street.  

For classical music, most Koreans think that it is hard to understand and it is an expensive music. However, in Europe, classical music is very common to everyone. There is a story that I experience in Wien, Austria. I was travelling  in Wien. When you visit Wien, the Opera House is very famous for a performance of Wine Philharmoic Orchaestra. The price of ticket is not expensive as in Korea, and there is a student discount price. But I coulnd't get a ticket so I was sorry that I couldn't see the performance. So I went to Opear House just to see the 'Opera House' itself. However, when I get there, I couldn here the music sound of the Opera. Alhtough it was a little bit cold outside, there were seats for audiences with big screen that were showing its ballet performance lively FREE. There was no empty seat too, and many people were standing there to enjoy the performance. When the 1st session was over, there was filled with the clapping sounds by bystanders. It makes it sense that classical music is very common to Europeans.

Like this, whenever I walked on the street in Europe, it made me feel that I was walking in the scene of movie with background music. And these musics are not an electronic muisic from audio, but a live music by musicians. Every town has a harmony with its beautiful scene and art and it makes its scenery more precious. The 1 euro for performers in the street has more values than its price.  

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your comments about the role of art and music in the lives of most Europeans. For some reason, most Koreans I meet are interested in Europe, while many of my Canadian and American friends are more interested in Asia.

    ReplyDelete